Prysmian Weatherproof Plastic Compound prevents electrical leakage or short circuits due to dampness.
It prevents corrosion of electrical
contacts in industrial atmospheres and seals irregular openings, cable entries, screw threads and covers of electrical equipment. The
compound can be also used for many non-electrical applications whenever a reliable non-hardening moisture or water seal is required.
Prysmian Weatherproof Plastic Compound is soft enough to be readily moulded around terminals or intricate contours or pressed into cavities.
The compound is highly resistant to water permeation, acids and alkalis in liquid or vapour form under normal conditions. It
has no deleterious effect on metals and plastics or on natural rubber, synthetic rubber, PVC or other cable materials. It is ideal for sealing
cable ends and cable entries to enclosures.
- Prevents ingress of moisture
- Protects exposed terminals against corrosion
- Easily applied to intricate contours
- Good adhesion to metal, plastic, wood, rubber, PVC, etc.
- Suitable for temperatures between -20°C and +80°C
- Vibration resistant
- Long shelf life when stored in original packaging (under normal conditions)
- Harmless to hands
- Supplied in a box containing two 250g packs
- Prysmian type R391
To use this facility please Sign In. Alternatively use our Quotation page.