At Rapid we have been helping people to create great careers for themselves since 1979. We are a growing company with the opportunity for you to make a difference, and we are ready to reward you for your achievements.
Our working environment rewards people who bring innovation and creativity to their roles, work well with others inside and outside of the organisation and are committed to delivering the highest quality service to our customers. We expect you to embrace our Core Values - having a great attitude, being successful, acting in a professional way and adopting a ‘be better’ mindset. You will benefit from a culture of ongoing professional development with all the advantages of a dynamic, successful organisation. Hear some of our staff’s views on what they enjoy about working for Rapid.
Rapid is an Equal Opportunities employer.
Unfortunately we have no current vacancies. Please check back regularly for details of new opportunities.
To find out more click on a vacancy listing:
Salary range TBC – dependent upon experience
Reporting to: Credit Control Manager
Working as part of the Credit Control Team the Credit Controller is responsible for accurately processing all sales ledger transactions on to the company’s ERP system. Other responsibilities include actively collecting debts from allocated customers, including running aged debt reports, contacting customers to chase outstanding debts, investigating and resolving queries. Strong verbal, written and numerical reasoning skills are essential for this role, along with the ability to handle large volumes of transactions and the ability to work under pressure, multi-task and prioritise tasks with strict deadlines.
Salary range TBC – dependent upon experience
Part time, 25 hours per week
Reporting to: Purchase Ledger Supervisor
Working as part of the Finance Team, the Purchase Ledger Assistant is responsible for accurately processing all purchase ledger transactions on the company’s ERP system. Other responsibilities include investigation and resolving queries, along with an element of internal and external communication. Strong verbal, written and numerical skills are essential for this role. Computer literacy, accurate and analytical skills are also required.
• Bring energy to the team every day
• Motivate and inspire others with a positive outlook
• Build meaningful relationships with colleagues and contacts
• Address problems in a positive way
• Listen carefully, reflect and think broadly, with agility
• Prioritise own workload and be proactive in the pursuit of goals
• Accountable for own performance delivering business goals over personal gain
• Always set expectations and dependencies and deliver to them
• Contribute to the success of Continuous Improvement (CI) initiatives
• Diligent approach to the detail but not losing sight of the objectives
• Maintain a work/life balance and not be easily distracted
• Always punctual with a professional approach
• Dependable due to reliability, flexibility and integrity
• Exceed both customer and colleagues’ expectations
• Proactively communicate internally to enhance the success of our own common goals
• Take pride in sharing your, or Rapid's success externally
• A high degree of learning ability and drive and ambition to succeed
• Confident and can articulate strengths and development areas
• Listen well to constructive feedback from line manager and give feedback with good intent
• Positive attitude towards shared goals and set challenging personal objectives
• Constantly look for innovative working practices and processes
• Embrace change willingly and actively participate in Continuous Improvement (CI) initiatives
• Belief in the ability for new technology to improve our environment and wellbeing
“I've been working at Rapid for six months and enjoy my work very much. The environment is fast paced, friendly and supportive with opportunities to progress in both the warehouse and sales/support departments” – Steve Short, Warehouse
“Defining Rapid in one word is Teamwork. If it wasn't for the hardworking and efficient colleagues around me then working at Rapid wouldn't be such the pleasure it is! With the determination and support from all employees Rapid wouldn't function at its best.
Having worked at Rapid for nearly 10 years I have seen many changes, but there's one thing for sure, Rapid will continue to strive to do its best!” - Amie Davies, Inbound Sales
Teamwork. Enjoyment. Motivation. Positivity. Just some of the feedback from Rapid's staff who took part in a series of Core Values workshops during the autumn.
The workshops were organised to give employees a greater understanding and appreciation of the company's Core Values - "Great attitude", "Be successful", "In a professional way" and "With a 'Be Better' Mindset" - which were launched earlier in 2017. Each session saw around 12 members of staff from different departments participating in a series of collaborative exercises, with the emphasis very much on fun, teamwork and getting to know each other more.
Staff explored the ideas underlying each of the Core Values, how the attitudes and behaviours could be incorporated into their everyday working lives and how the values shape company culture. Staff were asked to leave feedback on the sessions and their comments reveal how enjoyable and beneficial they found them to be. Aside from a polite 'hello' or 'goodbye', many employees may never have previously spoken to the colleagues they worked with during their session. But they left saying things like "We are not little teams but one big team", "Now I understand what core values mean."
If there were sweets and biscuits involved then they played a useful role!
Denise Bird, Rapid's HR manager and Core Values co-ordinator, said: "I have thoroughly enjoyed these workshops over the past four weeks. It was great to see people from different areas interacting together and getting to know each other better, sharing ideas and discussing what Core Values mean to them."
The Core Values programme will be developed further in 2020. For more information about Rapid's Core Values see the section above.