At Rapid we have been helping people to create great careers for themselves since 1979. We are a growing company with the opportunity for you to make a difference, and we are ready to reward you for your achievements. New opportunities are available across our business for talented, motivated, customer-focused individuals in roles spread throughout Product Management, Procurement, Sales and Digital Marketing.
Our working environment rewards people who bring innovation and creativity to their roles, work well with others inside and outside of the organisation and are committed to delivering the highest quality service to our customers. We expect you to have a great attitude, to be successful, professional and adopt a ‘be better’ mindset – and you will benefit from a culture of ongoing professional development with all the advantages of a dynamic, great attitude successful organisation. Hear some of our staff’s views on what they enjoy about working for Rapid.
Browse our current vacancies below.
To find out more click on a vacancy listing:
Salary range TBC – dependent upon experience
Hours of work: 40 hours per week - Monday to Friday 07:30 to 16:30
Reporting to: IT Manager
We are looking for a 1st Line Support Analyst to join our busy team to support the department in managing the administration of our network, including the Windows environment; telephone system, security and access control.
We are looking for people that have recently graduated (or similar qualification). No experience is necessary but any relevant experience would be ideal (ie work experience or short term contracts).
Your primary function is to be the first point of contact for all IT issues and to resolve or escalate them as necessary.
Duties and responsibilities:
By joining our team you will have plenty of opportunities for learning and development.
Salary range TBC – dependent upon experience
Location: Field Sales
Reporting to: Head of Education
Business Development Managers are the senior leaders of our sales strategies, taking ownership for all tasks associated with the profitable growth and business development in respect of assigned accounts within the Education sector (eg colleges and universities). Each Education Business Development Manager is supported by internal Key Account Managers.
The Education Business Development Manager is field/home based and covers customers based throughout the geographical area defined by the portfolio. It is likely that Business Development Managers will be away from home between 4-8 nights a month.
“I've been working at Rapid for six months and enjoy my work very much. The environment is fast paced, friendly and supportive with opportunities to progress in both the warehouse and sales/support departments” – Steve Short, Warehouse
“Defining Rapid in one word is Teamwork. If it wasn't for the hardworking and efficient colleagues around me then working at Rapid wouldn't be such the pleasure it is! With the determination and support from all employees Rapid wouldn't function at its best.
Having worked at Rapid for nearly 10 years I have seen many changes, but there's one thing for sure, Rapid will continue to strive to do its best!” - Amie Davies, Inbound Sales
“They say time flies when you’re having fun and that certainly is the case for me in my role as Rapid’s Central and Southern Area Account Manager. There are just not enough hours in the day to do everything I want to do!
I love my job, visiting and talking to customers, solving their design problems, discussing projects, pricing and finding out what new products we can introduce. It is interesting, challenging and a lot of fun. I am on the road most of the time but I am supported by an amazing team at Rapid HQ.” – Elise Atkinson, Field Sales
• Bring energy to the team every day
• Motivate and inspire others with a positive outlook
• Build meaningful relationships with colleagues and contacts
• Address problems in a positive way
• Listen carefully, reflect and think broadly, with agility
• Prioritise own workload and be proactive in the pursuit of goals
• Accountable for own performance delivering business goals over personal gain
• Always set expectations and dependencies and deliver to them
• Diligent approach to the detail butr not losing sight of the objectives
• Maintain a work/life balance and not be easily distracted
• Always punctual with a professional approach
• Dependable due to reiability, flexibility and integrity
• Exceed both customer and colleagues expectations
• Proactively communicate internally to enhance the success of our own common goals
• Take pride in sharing your, or Rapid's success externally
• A high degree of learning ability and drive and ambition to succeed
• Confident and can articulate strengths and development areas
• Listen well to constructive feedback from line manager and give feedback with good intent
• Positive attitude towards shared goals and set challenging personal objectives
• Constantly look for innovative working practices and proccesses
• Belief in the ability for new technology to improve our environment and wellbeing