Quality, Health, Safety and Environment Policy Statement
With a long heritage Rapid is becoming one of the UK’s leading specialist distributors of electronic components, electrical and engineering consumables. Rapid has built a strong reputation within the electronics industry for its competitive pricing, fast fulfilment times and high service levels.
Our vision is to increase the technical competence of the organisation and processes to break down traditional distribution routes through unrivalled technical expertise and eCommerce agility.
We will achieve this by operating an Integrated Management System (IMS) in accordance with:
- ISO 9001, ISO45001 and ISO14001.
Top Level Management are committed to establish, implement and maintain an IMS policy that, within the defined scope of its management system will;
- Provide safe and healthy working conditions for the prevention of work-related injury and ill health.
- Ensure the organisations commitment to the protection of the environment, including prevention of pollution and other specific commitment(s) relevant to the context of the organization;
- Satisfy applicable requirements by ensuring that customer and applicable OH&S and Environmental statutory and regulatory requirements are determined, understood so that compliance is achieved and verified.
- Be appropriate to the purpose and context of the organization, including the nature, scale and its strategic direction.
- Be appropriate to the environmental impacts of its activities, products and services.
- Be appropriate to the purpose, size and context of the organisation and to the specific nature of its Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) risks and opportunities.
- Provide a framework for setting Quality, OH&S and Environmental objectives;
- Set IMS objectives with relevant measurement to understand progress which will be maintained as part of the IMS internal auditing, monitoring and management review processes.
Top Level Management are committed to
- Being accountable for the effectiveness of the IMS and that it achieves its intended results.
- To eliminate hazards and reduce OH&S risks.
- Consult employees, especially non-managerial employees regarding hazards identification, risk assessment and determination of controls, incident investigation, the development of policies and objectives and other OH&S matters.
- Consult contractors when there are changes or matter which affect their OH&S
- Ensure that the resources needed for the IMS are available; including training, support and encouragement.
- Promoting the use of a process approach and risk-based thinking.
- Communicate the importance of effective IMS management and of conforming to the IMS requirements.
- Establish partnerships with interested parties to improve their ongoing services in line with the needs of the IMS.
- Continual improvement of the IMS to enhance Quality, OH&S and Environmental performance.
This policy will be communicated to all employees and organisations working for or on our behalf. Employees and other organisations are expected to co-operate and assist in the implementation of this policy, whilst ensuring that their own work, so far as is reasonably practicable, is carried out without risk to themselves, others, or the environment.
This policy will be reviewed annually by top management and where deemed necessary will be amended and re-issued and is available to relevant interested parties, upon reasonable request.
James Bates, Managing Director
Download the Rapid BM Trada Certificate
Download the Conrad ISO 9001 Certificate
Date: 7th October 2020