Rapid Electronics Ltd recognises its legal and moral responsibility to manage its activities in an environmentally sustainable way. The ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System verifies that the company is actively engaged in supporting environmental protection and the reduction of pollution. We are united by the desire to reduce the environmental impact of any of our business operations to the lowest reasonably practicable level.
Our activities are guided by the following aims and objectives:
- As a distributor, Rapid does not manufacture any products or convert materials, but we will ensure that any product we make available for sale has been sourced through processes that comply with current environmental legislation
- Take account of environmental protection in projects, planning and decision making, as an integral part of all activities
- Provide and maintain buildings, plant, equipment, processes, systems and working conditions which are safe and without risk to the environment
- Carry out impact assessments, inspections, surveys and audits to identify potential risks within the workplace, processes and the environment
- Reduce energy usage to the lowest practicable level through good management practices and the provision of energy efficient equipment and technology
- Reduce the use of consumable products in packaging by implementing a programme of recycling
- Minimise waste through elimination, substitution, recovery and/or recycling and ensure that waste disposal, on or off site, is carried out in an acceptable manner.
Actions to demonstrate our commitment to this policy include:
- Creating minimum environmental packaging standards for current and future suppliers
- Provision of energy efficient lighting and heating within the business premises
- Investing in Quality Assurance Standard (QAS)-verified offset Tree Planting & Deforestation projects
- Provision of environmentally friendly equipment such as CFC free cooling / refrigeration units on site
- Installation of electric vehicle charging stations on the business premises
- Using responsibly sourced paper and vegetable inks in its printed publications
- Elimination of unnecessary company vehicle use
- Reducing waste in packaging through the use of non-branded plain and collapsible boxes and eliminating non-recyclable plastic by 100%
- Using 100% recycled and recyclable HDPE plastic as primary ‘void fill’ material
- Reducing transportation weight and vehicle emissions through packaging efficiencies
Environmental performance will be assessed annually through a management review to ensure Rapid Electronics Ltd is continuing to meet its targets, achieving legislation compliance and engaging in fresh projects, as part of the ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System.
Rapid Electronics Limited