It is now over two months since Rapid Electronics rolled out its business continuity plan in response to the restrictions announced by the UK government to delay the spread of the coronavirus (Covid-19). It has been an exceptionally challenging period, but we are proud of the way our staff have responded. We are lucky in that we are an agile business with systems in place to react quickly to changing circumstances. We can also be confident that as the lockdown restrictions continue to be eased that the company will adapt and maintain high service levels.
Customers may have particular concerns or questions which we will try to answer in this update.
At what capacity is the company currently functioning?
Rapid is now operating at a good operational level, with all necessary precautions taken to protect staff working on site. We are now despatching all orders on the same day as per our standard service. Please contact our team, on the Live chat service on our website, for queries about urgent deliveries.
How can you contact us or place orders?
- Remote working. The company's remote working plan enables all its staff with the ability to work from home to do so. This includes all of our office and administrative staff and all employees in ‘at risk’ age groups.
- Distribution centre. Our distribution centre is operational, but with a reduced workforce. Social distancing guidelines within the company building are being followed at all times.
- Deliveries. Our courier service, DHL, and Royal Mail are fully compliant with the latest World Health Organisation and UK government guidelines on reducing the risk of spreading the infection. Signatures will no longer be required to accept a parcel. The driver will leave the item at the customer’s door and retreat to a safe distance in accordance with the social distancing guidelines, before scanning the customer’s name.
- Trade Counter. Our Trade Counter has been closed throughout the lockdown, in line with the government guidelines on 'non-essential' shops and social distancing. Trade Counter collections will not be available, but customers can still order online and deliveries will be made to their home or work premises if they are still open.
- External visits and exhibitions. Rapid has suspended all external visits by its staff and, likewise, to Rapid from suppliers. All our business development team are available to contact via email or video conferencing if required during normal business hours. All exhibitions, events and school visits the company had commitments to have been cancelled or indefinitely postponed.
Are you prioritising certain orders?
- Live Web Chat. Our sales line has been temporarily replaced by our Live Web Chat service, which can be used by customers to contact our Customer Experience, Customer Services, Sales, Website and Technical staff, who are working remotely. You can access this service on our website from the 'Can we help?' prompt (pictured) at the bottom right of the site. This service will be staffed from 8am-5pm Monday to Friday. It will be available to log your enquiry outside of these times and it will be attended to as soon as possible when business hours reopen.
- Online. Rapid’s website remains, as ever, the easiest, most contactless way to order from us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. As mentioned above, orders may not despatched as quickly as standard, although next-day services are still available unless otherwise specified.
Yes. We will be prioritising orders from our manufacturing customers. For all other customers we will endeavour to get your orders out as soon as possible but there may be slight delays.
Is PPE available from Rapid?
Yes, but like all suppliers we have seen our ranges of face masks, medical gloves and respiratory equipment subject to high demand. We are currently engaged in replenishing stocks and sourcing new products, and many of these new ranges are now in stock. We also have hygiene, cleaning and site safety equipment available. View our PPE product range here
We are monitoring daily the impact the worldwide situation is having on our supply chain. Our full statement on this aspect of the pandemic is available here
. We will be providing regular updates on a daily or weekly basis as the UK and global situation changes. If you have any queries or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.