This thermal power science kit
has been designed so you can generate electricity using nothing more than a combination of hot and cold water and a special conversion cell. As the temperature evens out between the two containers of water, the power level reduces. LED and mini turbines demonstrate the variance in the electrical power being generated and there are two thermometers to keep track of the temperature levels.
The kit can be used to demonstrate the following thermal energy experiments:
Power a fan with two heat sources
Analyze power generation with the renewable energy monitor
Understand the thermoelectric effect
Supplied with the following apparatus: LED module, water tank base, water tank seals, fan module, fan blade, thermoelectrical system, thermometers, wires, assembly guide and CD.
- Produce power from temperature difference (hot/cold water)
- LED and fan modules show variance in electric power being generated
- Examine the physics of heat exchange and the energy that can be captured
- Comes with CD, experiments and curriculum, and 2 thermometers
- Manufacturer's part FCJJ-38
For 14-year-olds and upwards.