Molykote 4 (formerly Dupont / Dow Corning DC4) is a grease-like material containing an inert silica filler in combination with selected polydimethyl silicone fluids. It provides a moisture-proof seal for aircraft, automotive and marine ignition systems and spark plug connections. It can also be used on disconnection junctions in electrical wiring systems and on electrical assemblies and terminals. Molykote 4 can be used as a seal and lubricant for cable connectors, battery terminals, rubber door seals, switches and rubber and plastic O-rings and as a assembly lubricant for various metal-on-plastic and metal-on-rubber combinations.
- High dielectric strength
- Low volatility
- Moisture resistant
- Good thermal oxidation and chemical stability
- Retains its grease like consistency from -40°C ( -40°F) to +200°C (392°F)
- Highly water repellent
- Adheres readily to dry metals, ceramics, rubber, plastics and insulating resins
- Meets requirements of SAE AS 8660
- Certification to NSF 51 and 61
- Meeting requirements of FDA 21 CFR 175.300
- Supplied in a 100g tube
- MOLYKOTE™ 4
||Electrical Insulating Compound
To use this facility please Sign In. Alternatively use our Quotation page.