Raspberry Pi A +
The Model A+ is the low-cost variant of the Raspberry Pi. It replaced the original Model A in November 2014.
Compared to the Model A it has:
- More GPIO pins: The GPIO header has grown to 40 pins, while retaining the same pinout for the first 26 pins as the Model A and B.
- Micro SD: The old friction-fit SD card socket has been replaced with a much nicer push-push micro SD version.
- Lower power consumption: By replacing linear regulators with switching ones we’ve reduced power consumption by between 0.5W and 1W.
- Better audio: The audio circuit incorporates a dedicated low-noise power supply.
- Smaller neater form factor: We’ve aligned the USB connector with the board edge, moved composite video onto the 3.5mm jack, and added four squarely-placed mounting holes. Model A+ is approximately 2cm shorter than the Model A.