technology is based on autonomous modular sensors that can be combined in a long 'chain'. Each sensor samples and records the information in its own memory, working independently from all of the other sensors.
sensors can be connected, in any order, to a PC or to a monitor display unit. The unique design of the sensors allows for any combination of modules, regardless of the connection order. Sensors can be added or removed without effecting the rest of the chain.
Once the Edu-Logger
sensors are connected in a manner appropriate for the experiment, they can be operated in three different modes:
PC: The sensors can be connected via a USB port, and the researcher can control data acquisition and analyze results using the Edu-Logger software.
Monitor display unit: The unit comes equipped with an LCD screen and keyboard and can be used easily outdoors.
Independent Sensor: Each sensor contains its own memory and processor. It can be programmed via the PC or the monitor display unit and will then carry out measurements as a stand-alone unit.
- See Technical Specification for sensors included
- Additional sensor types available
- Flexible modular system
- All sensors can operate individually and in combination
- Fast and easy connection to a USB port
- Automatic recognition of sensors
- Digital range can be defined via the included software
- Programmable sample rate (20/H to 20,000/sec)
- Extensive memory capabilities (64,000 samples per sensor)
- Variable duration of samples (3.2s to 133 days)
- Powered via USB or batteries. No Mains power supply is required
- Appropriate for primary school, secondary school, further and higher education
- Suitable for Key Stage 2+ (age 7 and above)