This project has been designed to introduce the important concept of astable timers and pulse-width modulation using the 555 timer astable circuit.
Comprehensive teacher notes are available here.
This circuit is very important as it features heavily in KS4 curriculums. It has been designed to have more than one possible outcome and therefore more than one application. It allows for good differentiation and includes a transistor drive circuit.
notes for this and other project kits are available for download at our
Education Resources site.
- Frequency can be varied by the 2 variable resistors
- PCB has space for a transistor drive circuit to allow higher powered outputs to be added
- Clear silkscreen text has been used to make construction simpler
- Professional double-sided PCB pre-drilled with silkscreen and solder-resist
- 3 versions available for maximum flexibility: see technical specification
- Empty PCBs are available separately, order code 70-9036
- Suitable for Key Stages 2, 3 & 4 (ages 11 to 16)